Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

So I guess it's time to blog again.

I really haven't put much effort into my blog at all since my punishment week finished up. I stopped for one day (monday) and on Tuesday I found that skipping a day had cost me the ability to just write about whatever pleases itself to enter my head. I'm still finding it hard to write now. Is this even interesting to any of you? Please tell me if it is. 

So, in an effort to battle this minor case of Bloggers Block (why yes, I did just make that up), I made a short list of things about which to blog while I was bored at work yesterday. So, today's blog comes in 5 Parts:

Part 1: Work was Boring. 

That's right. This was the first thing on my list, since it was the only thing I could think about. Thursday Nights, being the one night of the week that the shops stay open late here, usually seem quite busy. Admittedly, this is only because of concentrated levels of highschool-aged children who do little else but hang around and cause trouble for patrolling authorities. Last night saw a dramatic dip in these numbers, for no other reason than there was a massive freak storm that came out of nowhere, drenched the people who were caught out in it and kept the rest of the people who might have come out to shop at home. I know this is summer here and summer = storm season, but this one was literally unforeseen. Another point of interest about this particular storm, was it's unique quality to reveal flaws of the shopping centre food court near which I work. Translation:  the roof was leaking near McDonalds and the neighbouring italian self-serve. It was sort of like a wall of water between the two restaurants :-/ . Or so I was told. I didn't actually see it for myself, but the story was compelling enough to keep my mind off the lack of interest at work. For about 4 seconds, anyway. 

Part 2: German Sunscreen

Odd. I know. Also while at work, I was informed by a visiting tourist looking for sunscreen that in Germany, they have sunscreen at 60+. What? Since when do they actually need 60+ sunscreen in Germany, while in Australia we only have up to 30+? I actually don't get that. Seriously. Queensland is the state with the highest rate for skin cancer IN THE WORLD. Why would they invent 60+ sunscreen and keep it a secret from us? That is Humanity at its stupidest. If you invent a sunscreen with protection that high, why wouldn't you market it to the people who need it the most? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Ok, that's about all i have to say on that topic.

Part 3: I don't understand.

I hate not understanding people. Whether they insist on speaking in another language, the only english words in their vocabulary being "no" and "english"; or if they hide their fluent english behind a really strong accent, or even if they just try to talk with their mouth stuffed full of food, I hate not getting what they're getting at. I hate being forced to ask them to repeat themselves over and over again... and then when i reply to their question, they don't understand. Not knowing frustrates me to no end. [end rant]

Part 4: Jellybeans.

If you follow me on twitter (which you totally should by the way) then you'll know that I bought a packet of Jellybeans last night to enjoy on my busride home. I hate black jellybeans so I always try to find a packet with no blacks in it. This isn't always possible (as it wasn't last night) so usually I have to settle with the packet containing the least amount of blacks as possible. Last night the lowest was 1. 

...I have no idea why i thought that that would be remotely interesting, but it was on my list. There you go.

Part 5: Pictures of stuff

I have been working on and finishing up some more projects which I will post pictures of soon. If you'd like to see what is up so far, you can see it here. Enjoy :)

Ok, that's everything I had on my list. I hope you found this insight into the shite that floats through my head whilst working amusing in some way. Until next time.

BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment