Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Punishment Week - Day 4

I had a pretty awesome day today. Busy, but awesome. I had an early (well, relatively early) start, with my annual orthodontic checkup. My teeth weren't in the best shape, so i wasn't sure about how it was going to go. You can imagine my surprise when i was barely there for ten minutes. The doctor was even glad to see me. The early start was an advantage for my day though. Without it, i likely would have slept till 12 and done nothing with the rest of my day. Because i was already up and about, i managed to squeeze a lot more into my day. I went on to an art store in West End and stocked up on watercolour and acrylic supplies, then I figured since I was in the area, I should visit the big Queensland art galleries. So I did. It was the best time I have had at an art gallery in a loooooong time. I think it might have been because I didn't feel like I was under pressure to write up a report for uni. I was relaxed and I actually enjoyed myself. So, i checked out the current exhibition at GoMA [Optimism], and explored QAG as well, although as they are currently preparing for the new exhibition in march or may (can't remember) most of the gallery was inaccessible, so there wasn't much to see.
I did get a few moments today where I saw works by artists I have studied, and I felt genuinely starstruck. I was practically fangirling when I saw works by Patricia Piccinini and Albert Namatjira. It's one thing to see pictures of their works in books or online - it's another thing altogether to see it in real life.
All in all a good day. Then i went home to cook in the sticky humidity and 30 plus degree heat. Still sweltering here... but i have to say i still think I got it very lucky. Just want to say that Victorian Buushfires Toll is now up to 130... they are saying the final count will possibly double. It's terrifying.
All i can say is after watching bulletin after bulletin, i just feel incredibly lucky and grateful to not have lost anything.

Yeah, i think that is about all i had to say...
And i realise that by the time i hit "publish" it will be after midnight... but that's ok, because most of this was written before midnight, so no further punishment says me.

i think it's past my bedtime.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment