Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Punishment Week 2 - Day 3

I'm so tired but i have to write this. Being Thursday again, and fearing having nothing to write about again, I made a list of things to write about. I promise this week's list is a step up from last weeks list. 

Firstly, it is my sister's birthday tomorrow. She's 22. Everyone wish her a happy birthday. I have nothing to give her yet, since I'm waiting for payday to arrive, and i haven't had the time or energy to put into making something cool for her. It'll have to wait. I'm sure she won't die in the meantime.

So, here 'tis. Today in a nutshell.

I went up to work at around 12, even though I didn't start till 1, because the bus i take only comes by hourly, and the next one would be too late. So I spent this hour wandering around the shopping centre trying to find something to do. This was when I found myself wandering into Borders to check if Paper Towns had finally arrived. I checked on Saturday, and they mentioned that it was on the way, but the lady said "check back in a week". I waited 5 days... and it turns out my timing was spot on. I asked about it and the lady (different lady today) checked for me and found it!!! I was so freaking excited about it. I read the prologue before I went into work. When I got out to the tearoom, one of my co-workers said "oh, but you don't start till 4". I checked the roster, and surely enough, after months of working the 1-9 thursday shift, my hours had changed without notice. Bad, because it caught me by surprise and now also means I have less money next week on payday. Good, because it allowed me to reach chapter 8 in Paper Towns. Oh, also, I should mention that my copy is the one with the awesome Australian cover. It's not Happy Margo, nor is it Sad Margo... more like Emo Margo. In any case, I think it's completely awesome. 
But yeah. So disappointed by the unexpectedly shortened workday, but it got better with the world's most awesome book to read. Kind of balanced things out a little. 

I'd say goodbye, but i'm about to type another entry for today. Since this was just a punishment blog, it is now time for the OE3D blog. So you'll be able to read more of me in just a bit :) Yay.

Seeya soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment