Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Punishment Week - Day 6

I remember saying last night what i would be blogging about today.......

OH YEEAH... The Manga series i bought yesterday... "Priceless"

There are three books in this mini saga, aimed at 13+ year olds. I've read the first one and half the second one. The plotline, as with most manga, is a little weak, partially because it's aimed at a younger audience, partially because I kind of rushed through it, and probably missed a lot since important details are often hidden in the pictures. The artwork is fascinating though, at least for me. The characters vary in style of drawing... one frame they are drawn with delicate attention to detail, and the next they are draw with complete simplicity. (I can't remember the name they use for that really child-like manga style). It was really great though. I'm going to have to read it through again though, since i did kind of rush though it.
On the plus side, i can count these as books on my reading list. Because I like to cheat... a little bit. Ah well, if Beedle The Bard counted, so do these.

Also, shoutout to Dave, aka http://osubrit.blogspot.com. Dave is a rather amiable pohm (even though he probably enjoys being called a pohm as much as i enjoy being called a colonial :P sorry dave, i couldn't resist) whom i know from youtube collaboration Nerdfightastic, and also on twitter. Thanks for the kudos, Dave. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I kind of feel like i should start making more videos now... i have a grand total of 2 videos, yet 9 people have subbed to me. This kind of excites me, but now i feel compelled to make more videos to keep the vast masses *cough* entertained and informed. i don't mind this at all, and i probably will post more. I just have to get around to editing a few of them - add music and such. I'm going to challenge myself to do a whole heap of video responses and tag games and stuff. I'm going to set the goal of 100 videos by Gold Coast Gathering in June. I think that is doable. I might get a little annoying though. If I achieve this goal, I will buy myself a Macbook. So at least there i've got motivation. Yay! :)

Will post again later today - Dentist this afternoon D: ~dreads~

~tries to think of typically aussie signoff, and epic fails~

Bye guys

No comments:

Post a Comment