Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back from the other side

Soooo. I'm back from the dentist. The left side of my face is sufficiently numb, giving me an attractive lop-sided smile. LOL if only it actually was. :P

I'm actually really hungry but can't eat for the next 3 hours till my cheek is no longer paralysed.
Also, if you've ever been to the dentist (for the purpose of this entry i will assume you have) you're probably familiar with the numb sensation I am currently experiencing. If so, you're probably also familiar with the urge to rub/poke/pinch/generally otherwise hurt the numbed area. It's a bit of a novelty being able to hurt yourself without hurting yourself. I was rubbing my cheek in the surgery after he was done tweaking, and he said "No, don't rub it, just wait till it wears off." ... WTF? Why? i'm actually not going to do my cheek any damage (i didn't really do those things listed above to myself... but i was tempted to) so what's the big deal? It's not like it will make it wear off any quicker. It just isn't the most pleasant sensation in the world (novelty or otherwise).
Also, while other dentists say "Softdrink is ok only once in a while, as long as you drink water or chew gum afterwards", his mantra is "NO SOFTDRINK EVER!!!!! >:@" Same goes for lollies and fruit juice apparantly.

This is another little thing that really frustrates me. Most of the stuff your body needs every day is too acidic for your teeth. And most of the stuff that isn't harmful to your teeth is no good for your body. The two are in constant conflict with eachother. I think I'll just become a pill popper (by which i mean supplement corrosive foods for vitamin tablets). That way, my body benefits and my teeth don't DIE.

I'm so over teeth. My teeth anyway. Other people all seem to have pretty nice teeth. I suppose their genes didn't leave them predisposed to dental complications like mine did. They also probably had money to pay for dental treatment. I remember feeling terrible after a check-up once because I felt guilty that my dentist visit had cost Mum money. I shouldn't feel guilty about needing basic dental care, but that's how i felt. So, all through highschool, through my softdrink phase (which I refuse to call an addiction, because I wasn't addicted, I was just a sheep... Everyone else was doing it too... and now softdrink is worse than illicit drugs) I didn't go to the dentist. Partially a good thing, since the dentist we were with at the time wasn't really worth what we were paying him. Anyway... A mix of these things and lack of a decent education in dental hygiene have left me with a mouthful of dodgy teeth...

I can see me now at age 80 with a full set of dentures. If my teeth are already bailing on me, there won't be any left by then.

I really feel much better after ranting a little about this... Hope it wasn't too boring to read. I won't hate you for getting bored and not finishing reading it... i probably wouldn't finish reading it either. (Congrats if you did read this far - you're a real trooper)


Let me know in the comments - Your worst dental experience. I'd love to hear about it - let's share our pain. After all, sharing is caring.

Kk. I'm off like a bucket of prawns in the sun.

Buy guys

No comments:

Post a Comment