Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

PAPER TOWNS... and stuff...

So most of you already know about a book called Paper Towns. You may also know about a man called John Green. He wrote it. He also likes talking to a camera and uploading it to the internet. You can find his (and his brother Hank's) channel here

Last post I mentioned that i had finished reading Paper Towns. I also mentioned that I might do a book review on it later (i.e. now). I would be doing this now except for the fact that I really left this quite late, and as a result, I am now really really tired. So tired, in fact, that I am typing this lying on my bed with my head on my pillow. Feeling as though I may fall asleep at any given moment is not an unfamiliar feeling for me, nor is it something particularly difficult to overcome... It's just that, since Paper Towns is made of so much awesome, I really need to be fully awake to even try to convey the awesomeness in Book Review form. 

So that one will have to wait yet again.

If you are reading this as a result of my posting the link on Twitter, you may have noticed my lack of tweeting over the past couple of days. I've been kinda busy with IRL stuff. I won't say much about it other than being a creativemachine, while kind of cool, sometimes isn't easy. If you get an amazing idea or a sudden gushing of creative flow at 2am, you don't ignore it. Even when you have work at 8:30am. Such is the price the creative soul must pay for productivity. Let me tell you, I wish on a regular basis that the creative half of my brain would just follow the 9-5 Monday to Friday work plan. I wish that creativity was perhaps a little more orderly. But it isn't. It is unpredictable, which I think is supposed to be part of its charm. It does kind of make sense, seeing as you think about things a little differently at 2am than at 9am. Problems that bug you for hours during normal waking time are solved much faster (of course i am referring to creative problems - logical/mathematic/scientific problems are best kept for normal time) simply because you are in the figurative zone. Access to this zone seems to only be achieveable during the wee hours of the morning. Now I think of it, the lack of activity from other household members resulting in increased capabilities to focus combined with the increased insurance of solitude for at least the next 4 1/2 hours are probably contributing factors to the accessibility of this zone, and hence the creative flow one requires to... create. Of course, this only works with forms of creativity that don't involve creating noise... in that case 2am is probably the worst time to be creative because you risk waking up not just the entire house but the entire neighbourhood, and that results not only in loss of solitude, but also angry tired people yelling at you for waking them up at such an ungodly hour. Thankfully, I am not the noisy breed of creative (well, I am, just not in this instance) so I did not wake up the neighbourhood. I was in fact making a bracelet which I had intended to give to my sister for her birthday, but since her birthday has now passed and the bracelet is unfinished, that obviously did not happen. It will be presented to her when I get it finished, and photograph it for my portfolio. I'll put it on Flickr too so you guys can all see it. 


Well, that rant was unexpectedly long. Hope that sort of makes up for my half-hearted attempts in the past week. 

Also, it might interest you to know that is now approx 1:30am. (But since I got smart and opened this window well before midnight, the publish time will be before Midnight, hense no punishment. That's probably cheating, i know, but at this hour I am past that point where I actually care about these things... plus I'm already doing a punishment week, and I'd rather not extend it) 

See you all again when I wake up. I was going to say tomorrow, but since it is already today, then I guess it'll be later today!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment