Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just in the nick of time...

It's 11:30 at night (11:29 to be precise), and I only just remembered that I had to post today. I mean, I thought about doing it earlier today, but, inkeeping with the true spirit of creative people, I procrastinated. Lots. 

So, late as it is, I'm still posting this before midnight, so no third punishment week just yet :D. 

Anyway, my blogging topic of choice is the movie which I saw yesterday, which was The International. Basically, I had no idea what was going on most of the time. Mysterious stuff would happen, and instead of it being solved, it was forgotten about. The plotline was fuzzy, and it was just a crazy chain of incoherent events; switching back and forth from subdued meetings and dealings and crazy, unnecessarily bloodthirsty action sequences. I really don't want to talk about it much more, because really, there wasn't much more about it to say. There might have been, had it made any sense. But this time, smart as I am (no tickets, I swear :P), I just didn't get it. I spent the whole time waiting for everything to reach that climactic point, where everything actually makes sense, and leaves you thinking about how amazingly complex it was for hours after you walk out of the theatre. That was not what I got. I actually pretty much forgot most of it as soon as I had left, and had to actually try to remember anything about it at all. Not exactly the trademark of a good movie. I mean, I rate Rock'nRolla above this. I never even wanted to see RnR, but I went along with friends, and I have to say they picked well. It was far above what I had expected, which is the exact opposite of this movie. In fact, it is starting to depress me that I actually spent (wasted) time and money on this film. If I could take it back, I would. 

Moving on.

One of my followers (who I believe I have mentioned in a previous blog post) Frances posted a new entry today (yesterday? I don't know. I read it today, in any case) about this new art craze called Artist Trading Cards. Basically, if you remember the Pokemon or YuGiOh or Magic - The Gathering TCG phases, then this is sort of similar, only not. About the only similarity is the size 
of the card - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Frances' blog post explains the phenomenon, and has links to various sites explaining the rules. Check it out here. I am absolutely in love with the idea. So, (I 
know I already thanked you about it on twitter, but I'd like to say it again here) thankyou for posting about it and opening my eyes to endless possibilities - this way I can create even when I am short on time! 
I actually used to draw/colour in small pictures when I was younger, and I still have some of them, but I measured them, and they're about half an inch too small in both length and width. I'm going to get some card and make a quarter inch border to strengthen it and to correct the size. Here is a sample of one that I prepared earlier (lol, I couldn't resist. I shall try to keep cliches to a minimum in future :P).

Time for sleep. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment