Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Punishment Week 3 - Day 1

I said yesterday that this Punishment week would be different. I also said I would be taking on all four of the challenges suggested in the comments. I have since thought this through and decided that since I'm likely to find myself facing another punishment week sooner or later, I should probably save some of these challenges for next time. I do like the idea of combining the ATC's with the short story, but when I write a story, I like to have it all in my head before I start writing, even if it is just a draft. I'm going to leave the short story till next time. I have some ideas brewing now, so I will have something worth reading next time. I may even deliberately miss a post, just so I can do it. Also, photo diary didn't happen today. Nothing much to document, or at least not IMO. I might as well save this one for another time as well. Sorry, I know I kind of worked up to all this stuff yesterday, so if you were looking forward to it, I apologise. You'll just have to wait until next time. 

Anyhow, onto the challenges:

First up, here is my entry for todays One Minute Writer. The topic was Learning. 
Fill this blank: "I think the world would be a better place if students learned more ______ in school."
My answer:
"Relevant skills: Most of the stuff coming out of schools these days is completely useless. It goes in one ear and out the other, because there is simply no use for the information once they leave the classroom."

Secondly, I have made a new ATC. I had a go at stitching and experimenting with non-traditional media. If you saw my last ATC it was quite different. I basically just coloured in my bit of paper with coloured pencils. For this one I used feathered wool, which I wrapped around the paper and stuck with double sided tape. Then I affixed the white bit of paper to the blue with more tape, poked holes in the blue card for stitching, then covered the back with another blue piece to cover the messy backside. It's not entirely glorious, but it's a start. As I did it, I had heaps of new ideas for variations on this theme, and you'll probably see some of them this week.

And that is everything. Tomorrow I will be doing a proper blog, as well as continuing with the challenges. Keep the suggestions coming too, people. I seem to miss my posts on such a regular basis, I'm going to need quite a few more challenges to keep me busy. 

KK that's all I got to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment