Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 21

So I'm gonna make this one relatively short, because I'm going out in about an hour, so... here I go!

On my ning page, I recieved a comment from Bethsavoy on my Day 19 post, asking me several questions which all provoke pretty lengthy answers. Question 4 and 6 were fairly straight-forward though, to which the short answers are: 4: yes and 6: 7th of may, '89. This year is my 20th.

But, in my own true blogging style, I will not be leaving you solely with these short answers. Like always, I will draw out my responses and throw in the odd anecdote here and there. I will also stop being lazy and actually include the questions, so you don't all get that horrible feeling of being out-of-the-loop brought on by having no idea what I am talking about. FEAR NOT, dear readers, I will not leave you uninformed.

And without FURTHER ado, here are questions 4 and 6, and their respective answers.

4. Will you be my BEDA buddy even though I have a group? haha.

A. Yes. Yes I will. There is always... I mean ALWAYS, more room for BEDA buddies in our group. I don't mind in the slightest that you already have a group, as the whole idea of having BEDA buddies was to be in a group of people who read your blog, and whose blogs you read, to throw encouragement back and forth, and stimulate the inner literate inside you all. Through this process, you not only hold each other accountable for this BEDA challenge, but you make friends along the way... which, when taking all this into account, I guess you already ARE in our BEDAbuddies group! Ok, so we haven't recieved MJ's blessing on this one (just yet), but I'd say it's still pretty real. 
Also, I might mention here that anyone else who wishes to join our BEDA group is most welcome. Even if you haven't taken part in BEDA (yet) there is still another 10 days (including today) left in April to blog. Blogging for 10 days straight is still an impressive achievement. 

6. When is your birthday?

A) My Birthday is on the 7th of May, I was born in 1989, making this my 20th year. Make no mistake, though, this date does not make me unique by any means. It is a date that I share with my twin brother, my cousin (who turned 1 on the day my brother and I were born), my ex-best friend's mum* among countless other people. 
I realise that with 6 billion people in the world, and only 365 days to share between us, I'm probably not the only one out there who knows other people with the same birthday. I'm just sayin', is all. 

I think this post is about done... I mean, for a relatively short post, it is kinda long already. Hop this tides you guys over till my next one...

CYA SOOOOOOOON!!

PS. feel free to leave any more questions you have for me. I promise to answer ALL of them :). 

PPS. Also, when is everyone else's birthday? Leave me a comment (at your own discression, of course :P.)

* and now you're all thinking "ok, why on earth would you remember something like that?" to which I have 2 answers. 1. she wrote my brother and I a birthday card which had 4 lines written, or more accurately, the same line written 4 times: "happy Birthday to us". Write it once, and it's a statement, write it twice, and it's a serenade. And 2. I'm just weird like that 

3 comments:

  1. Nice way to draw some short answers out :-p

    This unofficial BEDA buddying almost makes me feel like a rebel, haha. Though being a rebel like that is probably a very MJ thing to do.

    I used to feel special b/c I thought I only shared my birthday with America (July 4th, BTW), but then I found a friend online that shared it and learned that my pastor's now-deceased wife shared the it as well.

    Moar questions:
    -PC or Mac?

    -favorite medium of art to work in?

    -Do you like musicals and if so which are your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, buddy. :)

    I love how you gave us the long versions of your answers--they're a heck of a lot more interesting to read then "yes".

    My birthday is February 23. I will always remember this, not just because it's my birthday, but also because in my old journals from elementary school I constantly referred to the EXACT date of my birthday...like every five pages or so. I REALLY liked my birthday back then.

    My question for you is....if you were a mythical creature (one already in imaginary existence or one of your own invention), what would you be/look-like/do and why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy - Hope you are well. Here goes with my response:
    1. We are both May babies - My birthday is 15th May
    2. Interesting point - in the last 24 hours I have found out that the authors of 2 of the blogs I follow most regularly are Twins (check out CBeth's blog (associate blog to the One Minute Writer blog).
    3. Why "ex best friend's mum" - did you fall out or did they move away perhaps?

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete