Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 20

Ok, I swear I had a topic for todays blog post. I had it this morning when I was walking to the bus stop to get to work... but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
I suppose I'll have to stick with the good ol'
 backup topic. The classic "Today, I..." thing. Although copying other people's blogging styles isn't really my thing (this is Alan/FallOfAutumnDistro's usual style) so I'm going to keep it Generic. Here is my day in Blog Form. Enjoy!

I woke up roughly at about a quarter to eight, and ate some breakfast, showered, ironed my work uniform, dressed, and hurried off to the bus. It was at this point that I had my Brilliant Idea for today's blog post. This Brilliant Idea was promptly forgotten when I realised that in my haste, I had left 
my Iphone on charge in my bedroom. Too late to go back and get it, so I just forgot about it and went without for the day. As it happened, I would have had plenty of time to double back and fetch the phone, as the bus was a good ten minutes late. Typical, for our transport system. I didn't want to take the risk though, because it's quite inconsistent. One day it will be two or three minutes ahead, the next, ten minutes behind. VERY RARELY will it arrive at the timetabled time. It came eventually, though, and I did make it to work on time. I was forced to complete my make-up application on the bus. I can tell you this; applying mascara to your eyelashes without smearing it all over your face or poking yourself in the eye, while the bus is moving is nothing less than an art. Like, it should be an olympic sport or something. I mean, some people can't even manage that much without the added complication of a moving bus thrown into the mix. I feel kinda special. 

WHOA
... I just wrote that much on only the first 2 HOURS of my day... and there's still another TEN HOURS to write about...

I will skip over the next few hours, as work itself wasn't terribly interesting. Nothing out of the ordinary there. So I started at 9:30 and went on lunch at 1:15-ish. There is a new place in the food court near my workplace that has just opened that makes Mexican food. Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Nachos... you name it (their chips are called 'mexicrinkles'. 'nuff said). It is actually quite exciting for me because 1) we don't have Taco Bell here, or any other taco-vending restaurants for that matter. This is the first one of its kind in our area, so eating Tacos for luch is 
something of a novelty at the moment; and 2) my sister managed to snag herself a job there part-time. Unfortunately for me, this does NOT mean free food. *sadface*. Not that I mind. I eat there anyway. 

Ok, fast fwd another few hours, and I am finished work. I make my way up to woolworths without really thinking about it, and before I know it, I'm buying a 1kg tub of yoghurt and a Kinder Surprise. I don't really know what came over me, but that was the choice I made. The only thing I can boil it down to is that for Easter, I had a Kinder Surprise (among other treats) and I haven't had one in years. I wanted a chocolate hit, but not a big one, and I remembered the joy of finding a randomly selected toy encased in a small plastic egg (why yes, I am still 3 years old in my head) and my subconscious automatically veered towards it. As luck would have it, my 
particular trinket was a green monkey that wore a mushroom on his head, and could be used as a crayon. Now I think of it, what are the odds that BOTH my easter KS and this one were green...? Hmmm, what to make of that....

Ok, yes, alright, enough rambling. Not much more happened between then and right now, except that I got home, helped to prepare dinner, and OH YES. I reached my thousanth tweet. Here it is (or... was...?) :

Other News In My Life includes: My sister is moving out. This Saturday, presumably. I have a feeling this will be a very good thing. She's currently living in the room that used to be our study/computer room. So, when she leaves, we can move all the computers and all of Dad's office stuff back into the computer room and regain the lost half of our rumpus/entertainment room. This will be exciting. Definitely something to look forward to. :D. Now, I may eventually miss having her around, but for now I think that this is the very best option for everybody. I'm happy for her. 

AAAAND that's about all the time I got for blog-writing. Time to publish this, go help with dinner clean-up and then, I shall read EVERYONE ELSE'S blogs. I figure it's about time for a good catchup. 

Until tomorrow. DFTBA

<3

BYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYE

2 comments:

  1. Yay! We're BEDA buddies now!

    I enjoyed reading your blog, even if you didn't have a "brilliant idea" incorporated into it. My brilliant ideas--whether for tweets, videos, blogs, or whatever--are also "promptly forgotten"...rather frequently. XD

    Kudos for being so talented at putting on mascara while aboard a bumpy bus. You SHOULD feel pretty special.

    Also, congrats on reaching your 1000th tweet! That's pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with that talk of "mexican food" I had to go and get some Taco Bell...plus my sister came back from school with some.

    yay for an extra room to do stuff with.

    you've got makeup skills, but I think we need pics or I don't believe you :-p

    ReplyDelete