Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Time for another insect anecdote !!

~Reader's Note: this post was written a few days ago, but failed to upload. For contextual purposes, the night I am talking about is Sunday 30th of August~

So, last night, my dad got back to Brisbane after 2 weeks working in Papua New Guinea. It was then decided that we would go to our cousin's place for a cup of tea.
After my cousin finished preparing tea for everyone, my mother was on the verge of taking a sip when a fly, out of nowhere, divebombed into her tea.
Apparently, this fly had been buzzing round the room all day, getting slower and lazier as the day went on. As the discussion wore on, it was decided that this fly was a bogan fly. You know, the kind that sit on the couch wearing singlet, stubbies and pluggers, drinking beer all day in front of the footy.

Said Bogan fly has no name.

We wondered what compelled this fly to divebomb in such a fashion. Had he lost the will to live? Did the honey in mum's tea attract him so strongly his weary mind could not resist?

Anyway, boganfly, along with the rest of the tea, was washed down the drain. And there he stays to this very day.

Dearest readers, I wish to honour this fly. If you can think up a suitable name for this sad critter, please leave it in the comments. I seem to have made a habit of naming all the critters I come across, so this time, I'm letting you guys in on the fun :P I'd make it a competition but I got no prize :(. Well, none other than your suggestion will be chosen as the new name for NoNameFly.

Happy Suggesting :)


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. 1st of all when linking your blog you have to remember the "89" part :-p

    As for a name for this bogan fly I had a few suggestions:
    - a play on kamikaze or some sort (Kami, Kaze, Mikaze, Mika...or Mike?)
    - or since from what I've learned from you Aussies, "bogan" is like our "redneck" in the U.S. so maybe Jeff (as in Foxworthy) or Larry (as in Larry the Cable Guy), or even just Cletus.

    Also, I should probably name the bee on the back of your sticker. Anything I should know about him to help in naming him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I'm always forgetting about that :/ I did mean to put it in.

    Also, great suggestions! I really like Cletus :P I'm pretty sure the Australian equivalent would have to be Barry or something. :P

    ReplyDelete