Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

That last one didn't count

Ok, since the last post was a questionaire, I feel like i cheated you guys out of an ACTUAL post about my life. Truthfully, that makes me feel kinda bad. So, if only to eliminate the guilt hanging over my head, here is another, PROPER* blog post.

So today has been fairly good, as far as days off work go. I woke up, decided to check my twitter on my phone, realised my computer was left on overnight when skype went off, spent a good hour and a half chatting to the other two thirds of my collab channel SnailMates before indulging in beef flavoured 2 minute noodles, kept switching back and forth between chatting on skype, checking twitter, watching videos in my sub box and reading blogs until i decided it was about time to film myself opening Sean's letter, went about doing that, watched tv for a while with my sister, tore myself from the screen as my stomach demanded sustainence via a low and dissatisfied grumble, made and ate food as we watched neighbours, the 7PM project and 2 episodes of the simpsons, and then came in here to edit, but decided to procrastinate through the medium of blog post. Longest sentence ever? You decide.

So i was just mentally running through all the possible ideas for a blog post, and realised i don't really have all that much to share. I made a video today, which i have yet to edit and upload to the collab channel. I also, in the past week, finished both The Hunger Games and its sequel Catching Fire. I really badly want to review them as well, but that will have to wait a few days. I don't like reviewing immediately after i finish reading something, because i tend not to look at it objectively enough. For example, I loved the twilight series just after i'd finished reading it. Now, i can't stand the sight of it**. It's always a bad idea to review something just after you're done experiencing it, be it a concert, a play, a movie, a book, or any other creative experience.
As far as my life goes, not much of it is really worth chronicalling here, seeing as it bores even me to think about it. I actually had a friend ask me the other day what i do with my free time, and i shamefully didn't know what to tell him. Like, "oh yeah, i spend hours of my free time reading books, and watching videos on youtube made by people on the other side of the world, and, um, on twitter." It seems like, between travelling to and from work, eating, sleeping and thinking about what to do with the years of my life i still have left ahead of me, there's really not that much else there. Now don't get me wrong. I love all my friends I have online. I guess in a way, i tell you guys more than i'd tell people i know in person.

BUT enough about what i will NOT be writing about here. HERE is supposeed to be the place where I tell you guys MAGICAL and WONDERFUL things from the land down under... with the occasional insect-related anecdote thrown in. Also, i'm meant to inform you guys of NEWS and other things of informative nature that you might display a mild interest in.

Instead, here is where i'm going to end my poor, sorry excuse for a blog post, and hope that maybe, tomorrow's will be better. For, hopefully, i will be back again tomorrow. I actually have a reason to come back here tomorrow and TELL you guys about THINGS that happen in my LIFE. You know, that LIFE thing that i HAVE.

That's about as far as this blog post will allow itself to be drawn out, anyway, so I bid thee farewell.

Until tomorrow.

*DISCLAIMER: blog post may or may not be as proper as originally intended
**which, by the way, i happen to see almost daily, since the pharmacy i work in is across from a bookstore.

1 comment:

  1. That's the main reason I haven't blogged much either. Nothing much had been going on. But I think after I do the Nerdfightastic survey (realized I still hadn't done it either) I'll have another one out soon b/c there have been some new things to blog about.

    Also, side note: so dailyboothing and blogging are more important than your collab commitments? :-p

    ReplyDelete