Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tuesday the fifteenth. A day to remember...

For these reasons*:
  • I went out with my sister for the first time in ages. We went to the Queensland Art Gallery to see and exhibition on American Impressionism and Realism, which looked at the impressionist movement as a whole, and showed how American and Australian artists contributed and influenced the next generation of artists.
  • I read on twitter while waiting to meet up with my sister before going that Patrick Swayze lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. Such a shame. Then, later, I hear that TV-chef-whom-i-previously-had-never-heard-of had also lost his battle with cancer. Really not a good day for celebrities with cancer.
  • I finally discovered the problem relating to why I couldn't upload my SnailMates video. It is, if i am not mistaken, in the process of uploading as I type, and will probably be up by the time you read this, so if you're keen to watch me read Sean's letter, click this link.
I'm pretty sure the rest of the day's events were fairly run-of-the-mill. Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol came out today. I preordered my copy from booktopia.com for cheap, so i'll be expecting its arrival quite soon. I actually liked Brown's first 4 books, and enjoyed the level of intrigue and suspence he so eloquently employs in order to compell you to keep reading. What i didn't like were his controversial claims about christianity. I know, I know, you've all heard this debate a million times, so I won't go into it, but at least now you know where i stand.
But yeah. Rest of the day, as i said, run-of-the-mill. Got home, showered, tossed a salad, ate in front of the TV, came into my room to check twitter and try for the nth time to upload the video, which is now, JUST THIS SECOND, successfully uploaded. You have no idea just how relieved i am**.

Ok. I'm about ready to post this now, since it is an obscenely late hour for someone like me who has to work in the morning, and also since i've run out of things to say.

Posts left until I reach 100: 5 (omgomgomg)


*YAY dot-point blogs!
** Well, maybe you do... i really shouldn't assume that you don't... how rude of me... so, if you've ever had that thing where you try something a million times and it doesn't work, and then you discover that the problem was a tiny one that was easy to overlook, and then fix it and FINALLY after all that get it to upload, well then i guess you know how I feel :D

1 comment:

  1. Write moar posts! :)

    I have SO had that kind of video trouble before. The worst was when I was trying to edit and upload a birthday collab video. I had to convert some of the clips, that I received the day of, would NOT convert and the file was huge. I tried to convert it on a website multiple times. I finally sent it over skype for Carmen to convert it who converted it so much quicker than I ever could've and sent it back to me. Then, the sound was muted on the video because of 10 seconds of copy-written music. I was furious. I cut the clip down and re-uploaded. It took forever in processing, but it finally went up with no muting that time.

    So. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete