Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

General Catch Up and Other Business

So. I'm sure you've all experienced the sensation of falling out of the swing of things at some point. And I'm sure you are all well aware of just how much harder it is to get back into the swing of things than it was to gain the momentum the first time round. Yeah. So, that's my excuse. It's hard to get back into the swing of things.

Ok. I hear you. "Shush, Lucy. Less Excusey, More Bloggy." I very much agree. Let's get to it then, shall we?

Right. So. I'll start with work, since I actually have things to say about it for once. We have a lovely new girl at work. She's very friendly, quite bright, and a real pleasure to work with. But, do you know what the best part is? (no, of course you don't. That's why I'm about to tell you) The BEST part is that her sister works for the local radio station, and as a result, she frequently meets celebrities and goes backstage at concerts. I bring this up, because today she informs me that one of my more liked (i won't say favourite... I reserve that status for a select few) bands, The Cat Empire, was playing a free gig in town last night. And she asked me if I knew of them. And I said yes. I love them. And she said "Oh really? I could have gotten you backstage after to meet them if I'd known!"

:O

Yeah. I know, right? My jaw dropped and my brain exploded simultaneously. So the lesson I have learned from all of this is from now on, I should tell this workmate EVERY SINGLE BAND/MUSICIAN/SINGER that I am in love with, and hope that ONE day, I may score a free gig :P. I mean, DUDE!

Ok, mmmmoving on!

Do you guys like the new colour scheme? I had a play around with it and I like this one MUCH better. The one I had before was getting boring (as much as I am a girlygirl, sometimes even I need a change). Also, I had to make it match the new banner I made. I promise, ONE day, I will be a skilled designer. As yet, I can even make a banner that fits my page. Ah, who cares? It was fun. Let me know what YOU guys think, anyway, seeing as you guys are the ones who will be looking at it. [leaveitinthecommentsplzkthxbi]

ANYway. Um. I had something else I was going to blog about..........

I might just post this, and post again later when I remember what it was I wanted to post. When I do FINALLY get back into the swing of things, hopefully, my posts will be a lot less messy. But, I don't know, maybe you guys LIKE messy. Who knows.

Aaaaand I am again on the verge of prattling on and on about nothing in the futile attempt to keep writing.

1 comment:

  1. You should just play your favorite music at work all the time so this co-worker knows all your favorite bands :-p Or make her your best friend, lol.

    I like the new theme and banner you've got going here. I don't blog enough to justify something that cool or else I'd ask you to design one for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete