Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh yeah... I ~nearly~ forgot

So I was at work today.


That's it. I was at work today.

Oh

OH you wanted an ANECDOTE you say? Fine. Here's your anecdote.

So I was at work today* and I was busy reorganising and tidying the lipsticks, when I found a Ladybug. Yeah, i know, rite? What's a ladybug doing in a chemist? I wish I knew. I tried asking him, but he wouldn't speak. I think the poor fella was in shock. So, anyway, the humanitarian inside me decided to jump out and take care of the poor thing. I tried moving him, but I guess the shock had left him paralysed, so I picked up the lipstick he was perched on and showed him to a couple of my co-workers**. Their reaction was quite unprecedented. Me being the kind of child who grew up happily playing in the garden searching for ladybugs in the orange tree, I was not expecting the level of squeamishness coming from my coworkers. One sadist among the bunch even suggested we spray it with perfume :O ~gasp~
Fear not though, good friends, for I defended the helpless creature with my very life (or something to that effect - I saved him in any case). I took him outside to the garden next to the carpark. Oh, and I named him Bob.

The End

*this actually happened yesterday, but I didn't blog then either... Oh whatever. Just play along.
**and I just have to say, he was definitely show-worthy. He was a handsome orange specimin who had about ten or twelve spots on his back, and as far as Ladybugs go for size, he was pretty huge.

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Such the conservationist! Keep thinking you need to come to America, but then stories like this make me think maybe Australia's wildlife would go extinct w/o you! :-p

    Some friends were hanging out at the Christian ministry last week and someone found a praying mantis. After a while I wanted to hold it. I kept it for a while and then it jumped to my shoulder where I kept it as a "parrot". I had to release it back into the wild (a bush nearby) Harry and the Hendersons style, eventually when we went to play bocce ball (didn't want him to get hurt by a stray ball :-p)

    ReplyDelete