Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

On lunch and bored

So I had a little brainwave last night. Those of you stalking me via my Twitter feed will have some idea of what this is... Maybe...
If not I'm about to outline it here, so don't panic :)

Ok, so it was Beth (aka bethsavoy aka easavoy) who gave me half of this idea. She probably didn't know this but she did. Yesterday she mentioned something about posting letters to people. Like, snail mail penpal stuff. This got me thinking. The other half of the idea came from the fact that I've been thinking about doing a collab channel for some time now, and this seems like a really cool and original way to do it.

The idea is: a penpal collab channel. Basically, you get 2 or more people writing letters to eachother, but you must open and read every letter on camera, and record your reactions. Then, for every letter recieved another must be sent in response. The basic aim would be to get to know eachother and let others join in on the fun. Also, if you already participate in a collab, you may be in this one too if you so wish. It won't operate like a traditional collab, with allocated days. Instead, videos will be uploaded when letters are recieved, as there is no accounting for the international mail service.

I'm really kind of excited about this idea, and I don't know how many people we'll need to get this off the ground... But please let me know in the comments if you want to do this, even if only for a little while. Also my contact email is in the sidebar, if you want to send contact details (don't put those in the comments! :S) or DM me on Twitter :)

That's all I have time for, back to work now :)
TTFN


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that you posted this blog, because in the letter I just sent you, I specifically requested that you write more blogs. :)

    I would love to be considered to participate. I've always wanted to be in a collab, and this sounds like one that wouldn't require the weekly hassle that most collaboration channels require. Plus, receiving things in the mail can be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely seems like a cool idea. Without the weekly hassle, it might be something I could do, especially since my internet access will be severely limited soon. And having an Aussie pen pal would just make it even better. =)

    ReplyDelete