Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Noticible Improvement

So, as promised in yesterday's post, I am, indeed, back. Even if only for a sentence or two (but hopefully for more :D)

I am feeling a whole lot better than I did yesterday. Partially because the yucky feeling I had hanging over me is gone for now, and partly also because I had the day off work, for the first time in what feels like forever. I actually went in, because I thought I did have to work, but upon my arrival, and to my slight shock and indeed, my relief, I was not rostered. This was slightly odd, because they usually tell us when they want to change our regular shifts around, but on this occasion, they failed to do so, hence the confusion. I wasn't the only one who was baffled by this revelation - my manager (who does not control the roster) was also unaware that I was off for the day.

So anyway, confusion aside, I had the day to myself. I went back to bed and read Heroes magazine (the periodical based around the tv series - shut up. Dr Who has one too :P) and my sister went for a swim. Oh yes. You read correctly. A swim. In the middle (middle? end. August is the END) of winter. Because today's temperature was supposed to reach at least 30ºC, or 86ºF for those of you who swear by the imperial system (though I can't think why you would. Metric system = WIN). I decided to avoid this venture, because despite the temperature of the air, the water was still very cold. Then, well, I just relaxed. I'd forgotten what it was like to have 2 consecutive days off work. I feel a lot better.

To make things even better, I'm going to see my sisters perform in their musical tonight. Mum has already gone along to the other 2 shows, but the Saturday night show is historically the best night to be there (I should know, I was involved in the annual musical every year at highschool. Always as a dancer) because, well it just is. It is the culmination of all the hard work, and the whole team has just hit this groove, where everything runs like a well-oiled machine and they're all buzzing on that performance-night high. I miss that part of the year. I remember wanting to cry after I came off on the last night in year 12. Knowing that I'd never be a part of the fun there again was a bit sad. Having said that though, I enjoyed every minute I was there and in the action and don't regret it in the slightest.

OOOok. Enough reminiscing.

I've done my time for today, so I'll leave it there. I really can't wait until blogging feels more natural again. This feels like work. ~so out of practice~

That's all, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Imperial system FTW :-p

    I miss performing too, though for me it was with band (concert, jazz, and marching) and choir. It's fun to remember, but it's also cool to see the next generation enjoying it as much as we did.

    ReplyDelete