Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEARS and stuff...

So it's that time again.
Time to take stock, reset goals and all that lovely stuff.
So. Here Goes.

In 2009 I:
- Took a gap year (again)
- Turned 20.
- Worked towards items essential for my future (Macbook, car, etc)
- Bought a MacBook Pro (writing this post on the lovely machine right now)
- Decided what I wanted to do with my life (finally)
- Made friends both IRL and here online
- Joined endless websites on a whim, some of which lay completely forgotten about
- Attempted NaNoWriMo for the first time, and wrote 13000 words worth of my first novel
- Read more books than I could care to keep track of
- Attempted to keep a diary for every day (this lasted approximately 40 days)
- Attempted to blog every three days (again, this petered out after a few months)
- Was accepted into a Diploma of Graphic Design program starting this year (i.e. 2010)
- Did not rejoin my orchestra
- Did not take violin lessons
- Did not take dancing lessons
- Joined a collab channel on YouTube

This list is by no means exhaustive. It's just all I can remember right now.

In 2010, I resolve to:
- Rejoin my orchestra (with whom I will travel to Shang-Hai in june/july), and get back into dancing (violin lessons probably won't happen)
- Continue saving for a car
- Pick up diary writing again, only this time establish a specific purpose for writing, other than 'making myself'
- Get back into blogging. I miss this, guys. I think I forgot just how easy it is.
- Focus on my course, and not let trivial things pull me back from achieving my full potential
- Learn from my mistakes
- Get into the habit of finishing my projects, or at the very least seeing them through to as-close-to-completion-as-they-will-get

It's really late so I will leave it there.
Happy 2010 guys

1 comment: