Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Obligated and Loving It.

Well, well, well. Here we are again. Day three of my self imposed punishment week. I must say, I am glad I imposed this upon myself, because now I am remembering how easy it is, and indeed, how fun it is to blog on a regular basis. I really want to keep this up for a long time to come. It shouldn't be too difficult to manage either, seeing as most of my course work will be on computer. ^_^ I hope you guys are looking forward to a fun year as much as I am :).

Right now, our house cat is sleeping on the floor in my room. It's rather adorable, yet not out of the ordinary, as most things she does are adorable. Except marking her territory on the carpet under my computer desk. And waking me at four in the morning. Other than that though, 100% irresistibly adorable.

Today was pretty good. I was VERY tired, but I woke up surprisingly early. Like, early enough that I was relieved that I could hit the snooze button without feeling guilty. I did get up though, and drank herbal tea (cranberry, raspberry, strawberry flavour. Best. Infusion. Ever.). I promptly got dressed and headed out to the bus stop. Halfway up the street, my lovely neighbours who were going to the shopping centre I work at stopped by the road to give me a lift. I think I scored the world's best neighbours. I was relieved, then, because I didn't have to rush to the bus stop in the heat, or run the risk of not making the bus and being obscenely late. To celebrate arriving at work a little early, I went to the food court and treated myself to hotcakes. They didn't have any plastic forks though, so I headed in to work to use the ones in the tearoom. Just as I got there, they were opening for the day, so sadly, I had to leave my scrumptious hotcakes and start work. One and a half long hours later, I was back in the tearoom eating breakfast/morning tea. Man, those hotcakes hit the spot. So good. Work was long though. No anecdotes of which to speak (like how I didn't end with a preposition there? Yeah. I got english skillz :P). Just a lot of hours punctuated by very little interesting matter at all. Although, one of the new girls (her name is Courtney) and I have established that we are pretty much the same person. Our mutual love of Jonas-Brothers-of-the-nineties-teeny-bopper-boy-band, Hanson cemented this theory. Remember Hanson? Mmm bop, doo be da ba doo op, etc? I was pretty much in love with Zac, the youngest one (I was eight, ok. Shush yo mouth) because not only was he this amazing kid who was world famous, (as far as I was concerned), talented (he played the freaking drums, ok), and he was only twelve. To top it all off, he wrote and recorded a song on Hanson's debut album to a girl called Lucy, and that just played BEAUTIFULLY to my eight-year-old fantasy.

ANYway*, Not much really noteworthy happened since. So, I just filled a blog post with "today was boring. it was slow. I was bored. Nothing happened." Are you still awake, faithful reader? If you are, congratulations. I was sure that would bore at least ninety percent of you to sleep.

It's not really noteworthy, but since I have nothing else to say, I'm going to tell you about this. Yesterday, after orientation, I bought myself a Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince calendar for 75% off. I thought this was awesome. Apparently my parents didn't agree. They both came into my room, on separate occasions, and told me that "that stuff is occult" and "you're back-sliding". Um, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the whole Harry-Potter-Is-Evil over like, five years ago? Or longer, possibly, I can't be sure... Anyway, this really bugged me. It's not a big deal, but it bugged me.
Controversy aside, I really like this calendar. I doubt I will be using it for practical purposes much this year, but I'll probably end up keeping it for years to come. I did the same with a Pirates of the Caribbean calendar I received for christmas a few years back. I reached May, and there was a gorgeous picture of a brooding William Turner. Needless to say, I didn't change my calendar again for the rest of the year** XD

It's late now. Time for sleep. I was going to watch The Holiday, seeing as it is my last night to stay up late and do holiday things, as term starts the day after tomorrow. :D.'

So, have a good weekend, guys. May it be less boring than mine so far, anyway.

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

Burritos: 1. I don't see this figure climbing any higher any time soon either. I've gone off them a bit.
Nail colour: Au Naturel, except for the thumb which features a new colour I tried at work today, and subsequently bought. I think it was called Oscar Evening (misspelled, it actually says "eveing") The brand is Princessa (some cheap brand) and the actual colour is a deep greyish purple. I love it.
Subscribers: Still 26. Like I expected it to rise in the space of one day in which I did not post a video.

The picture is one of my sister and I messing around on PhotoBooth... again... um, enjoy?

*I'm starting to think that any blog post on this blog is not complete without me starting a paragraph with ANYway...

**True story

1 comment:

  1. zzzzzzzzzz...Wha?! Huh? Oh sorry, fell asleep :-p

    Hanson, who's that? (as if my sister didn't own their Christmas album). Another band from that time that I kinda miss is BB Mak...remember them?

    The 'rents get after you for HP but not pirates? I would think pirates would be the thing to scold about seeing as how according to your last blog (or was it the one b4?) you said you'd be pirating music from the library.

    ReplyDelete