Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Keeping my word, and Starting Anew

At long last. I said I'd be back today, and every day this week, and here I am. I am yet to return each day for the rest of this week, as those days have yet to arrive. This is beyond my control, malheureusement*, as I lack the ability to bend the time-space continuum.

ANYway...

The purpose of THIS post was to tell you ALL about my day.

Being too lazy to ACTUALLY check back and see what I wrote yesterday, I am relying purely on my memory when I say "I don't think I mentioned anything about what my plans were for today. So, I shall tell you now.

Today was my orientation day for my Diploma course in Graphic Design. I am really freaking excited. I woke up about 45 minutes later than intended, which in turn caused me to be ten minutes late for the start of orientation. No biggie** though, seeing as it was just your basic run-of-the-mill Here-are-our-safety-procedures-which-we-are-required-by-law-to-inform-you-of-but-couldn't-be-arsed-going-into-detail-about kind of speech. I didn't miss much. I did miss out on a seat though, as the auditorium was already packed. Then, after they showed us step by step how to enrol online (which I managed to figure out on my own over a month ago) (by this stage I was starting to think that these guys don't really give us much credit in the intelligence department. I took this as my cue to zone out). After about an hour of this, we split into our different courses and were introduced to our teachers and tutors. Again, more of your run-of-the-mill stuff. They then began a long process of taking headshots of each of us as a resource for them to help put names to faces. Because Graphic Design is a huge subject, this took ages. Also, there were other levels of study that went before Diploma students (Certificate 4, STEPS program highschool students) so it was a long wait. I amused myself by spinning and rolling on my computer chair. It was an effective in passing the time, so hey. I am still yet to make any actual friends, but there's plenty of time for the whole getting-to-know-you rigmarole. Then, after the photographing took place, I was done. So I went off to explore the campus that the teachers were too lazy to take us on a tour of. This restored my faith in their faith in our independence. So, where did I go, but the four-storeys-of-pure-nerdy-delight library. I love libraries. This one in particular has kept every issue of a foreign design magazine which I love but am too poor to afford, so I now have them all (nearly) at my very fingertips. *excitement* There is also a section dedicated to music. Not necessarily for study purposes, in fact, they said it was for our enjoyment. Guess who's going to be borrowing*** a heck of a lot of these? This girl right here. Man, My itunes will rock by the time I graduate :D. Then I figured out the printing system, printed my timetable, and left. The rest of the day was unmemorable.

Ok, upon revision none of that was really all that memorable either, but hey. It was fun to write. And that's kind of the point, isn't it? Plus, memorable or not, now I can look back and say "oh that's right. I remember that day at orientation now". And I have a certified record of the severity of my true nerdiness****.

I want to put some sort of count, or tag at the bottom of my posts now, hayleyghoover style. Burrito count? No, I don't eat burritos. Nail colour? I didn't wear nail polish today, though, I could just call that "au naturel". Subscribers? I don't post enough videos for that to really be of interest to anyone. I know we've already been through this, but I can't remember what I said/am too lazy to check. What kind of things should I put at the end of my posts?

I'll do those ones anyway, for now.

Burritos: 1 (from Oporto's. Was so full I couldn't finish it)
Nail colour: Au Naturel.
Subscribers: 26 (up 2 from last time I looked. I haven't posted on my personal channel in months. Where do they keep coming from?)

Maybe the subscriber one will encourage me to post videos on my channel? Would any of you like to see that? I actually tried challenging myself last year, saying I'd reward myself if I got to 100 video uploads with a Flip HD Camcorder. I. Want. One. Reckon I should give it a go this year?

That's enough for tonight. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

*It's FRENCH for Yoghurt! I mean, for 'unfortunately'. :P You know Yoplait actually convinced me as a kid that 'yoplait' was the actual french word for yoghurt. Imagine my embarrassment when I discovered in class that the ACTUAL word for yogurt in french was 'yaourt'. Tricky marketing people. *tsk tsk* I bet you didn't know that. You learn something new every day... unless of course, you already did know that. In which case, you should probably go somewhere else to learn your something-new for today. Sorry.

**Holy snood, Google Chrome recognises biggie as a legit dictionary word. No squiggly red underline. I'm impressed.

***And by borrowing, you of course know I mean pirating. I like pirating. I mean, stealing music is bad, and I don't condone it, but when you call it Pirating, that means I can officially call myself a Pirate. Now, that makes me feel badass.

****So apparently, Google Chrome recognises biggie as a legit dictionary word, but NOT nerdiness... um, did I miss something?

1 comment:

  1. Moar videos? Yes! But only if it's not a hassle. More blogs is enough to ask for, especially when you're in school, where you have to write anyway.

    As for the stats at the end, maybe you should re-read your Nov. 13th post from last year :-p

    ReplyDelete