Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blogging like a BOSS



So, I was browsing Borders a few days before Christmas (it was the 23rd to be exact) with my mother and sister. It was approximately eleven o'clock* at night. A funny time to be browsing the shelves of Borders, say you? The one night of the year the shops DON'T shut, says I.
Anyway, I was browsing away**, when my sister ran up to me and shoved this here bookazine*** into my then-empty hands. She proceeds to inform me that my mother had picked it up to look at, then my sister, knowing me as well as she does, instantly thought to show me. She was very right to show me too, as it contains so very much information on the topic of blogging. Now, I love to blog. It may not seem like it, looking at this here blogspot. True, i haven't shown my blog much love of late, but I still love to blog. Whether microblogging on Twitter, or developing an argumentative essay/reeaallly long rant to post, say, here, I love to pour my heart and soul out in word form into the interwebs. While I may not necessarily always commit to the task as much as I should/would like, I doubt it will ever be something that I abandon altogether. Aren't you guys glad to hear that? You should be... uh, that is to say, I would really really like it if that were the case *ahem*.

Being something that I love to do, blogging is an ability that I enjoy improving. So, naturally after seeing this, I whined to my mother, asking why she had picked it up in the first place, because now I had to buy it. There really was no way out of it. And so, I parted with twenty-five hard-earned dollars, and the bookazine became mine. As it turns out, it contains lots and lots**** of information about the different kinds of blogs available. Everything from Wordpress to Twitter has some sort of mention, and they're all assessed and compared. Loving blogging as much as I do, it made me realise just how little I know about the world I love so much (the world of blogging, that is xD)

So, I'm going on a kind of quest this year. I will be crash-testing all the different blogs listed in this here bookazine. Not that I don't already love Blogger. I do. It's just that, I made my blog here without so much as thinking about doing it anywhere else. They say all blog types have their advantages and disadvantages, but you never really know what's best for you until you try them all.

I will continue to post here. In fact, I'll probably use this blog as my home base, to keep you all in the loop. I've already ticked Blogger and Twitter off my list. Next: Tumblr. I've actually already set up a Tumblr account. I will probably report back here in about a week and let you guys know how it's going. In the meantime, if you already have one yourselves, follow my blog here

Happy blogging!


*Don't you just love the word "o'clock"? No one will explain what exactly goes between o and clock, but the apostrophe must stand for something, right? Nevertheless, every time I say it, I feel very piratey... although that might have something to do with me changing my Facebook language to English - Pirate, and recently completing a POTC marathon with my sister... *ponders*

**I browse like a BOSS. Especially in Borders.

***Like a magazine, but made with awesome instead of suck.

****and LOTS

2 comments:

  1. O'clock = Of the clock

    Y'know those dudes that would run around villages with bells 'hear ye'-ing and what not? Every hour they'd yell out, 'It's 7 of the clock!' or something of that nature. History lesson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want the bookazine too! Looking forward to your reviews if the many blog options. And regarding piratey language, Pirates would have said things like "He walks the plank at 7 bells Ah-harrrr". A Dickens character would say "ooh the master wants his bowl of gruel at 7 of the clock and not a minute later Mrs Fizzy Winkle". Of the clock eventually becoming O'clock. Just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete