Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Time wasters

Ok, so i know this is my third post for today, but i feel like i'm on a bit of a roll, so, i figure, why not?

KK.

I've figured out a brand new way of wasting time... Well, it's not brand new, my dad and i embarked on such a quest many years ago, but it fell by the wayside. So i'm going to bring it to the surface again.

Our objective was to find out if all the Freecell games (all 32000 of them) were winable. Now, they might be, but we wanted to find out for ourselves.
There's another reason why i wanted to find such a time waster - because i spend all the time i am on the computer on Youtube, and while this might not seem like a bad thing, i keep getting blamed for overusing our insufficient 12GB a month of download data, making the internet run at dial up speed for the last week of the month. Of course, in a family my size, i don't do this single-handedly but i still get blamed. Not fair, but unfortunately i have to live with this.
So, my whole point with that was that I really need a distraction that doesn't involve using soooo much download quota... which is why this is perfect. It won't use internet at all.

I will keep you all posted as to my progress.

Maybe i will make a goal to play all the games in a year... let's see, 32000 divided by 365 equals.... approximately 88 games a day. oook. Maybe i'll give myself a little longer than that... and i may need to recruit some help.

Anyone who wants to help me achieve this goal is welcome to play along, just post in the comments which games you have won (note: you have to win the game for it to count).
I'll be starting at Game 00001 so, if you're going to join in, start at Game 1001, or Game 2401, or something like that... just to minimise double ups.

Anyone who wins 100 games for me earns the award for awesome procrastination.

Get Gaming


**EDIT**

Ok, so i was a little off on the calculations... Last time my dad and i tried this, there were 32000 available games... now, the version i have is telling me that there are 1000000 games... i'm going to need more help than i thought...

If you can make it to 1000 games, you become a master of awesome procrastination, and you earn my respect for all eternity.

Make it to 2000 and i'll love you forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment