Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Letter to my Blog Readers [insert heart here]

Hey Guys,
So I really don't want to just make this another maintenance-style, i'm-just-writing-something-to-give-you-something-to-read kind of blog post. In all honesty, for once I have the legitimate excuse of just being way too busy to blog. I haven't even had time to miss blogging. Until now. Right now, I am sitting outside on the patio, with my MacBook Pro waiting for someone else to get home so I can get inside because I have misplaced my house key. For now this is great. But. The light is already fading, and m battery is below 50%... It should last for a good while longer, but you never know.
I should really be spending this time working on my triptych self portrait due in a week (sounds like a fair bit of time doesn't it? Not really. Time seems to go faster when you have assignments for each of your five subjects and you work both days of your weekend). Or I could be starting my final versions of my pen and ink roses for my illustration class. Or I could be researching and compiling quotes and planning my essay for my Design History class. Or I could be finalising my designs for the album covers I am supposed to hand-render for Design Practices class. Or I could be designing my stamps for Typography. Or hanging out my washing. Or practicing for our upcoming Russian-themed concert with BRYO*.
But I'm not. I'm blogging.
Man I love blogging. I just wished I loved it enough to make it a more important factor of my life. I'm just really really focused right now on getting my career started, and I'm absolutely loving the near-total immersion in graphic design (I say near-total, and not total, because I still have orchestra rehearsal and work) and I think that blogging regularly would only serve to distract me from my school work, which is currently more important.
I guess what I am trying to say is Thanks. Thank you for staying loyal to my blog when not even I am. Even when the only content I post consists largely of gushy "I love blogging and always want to blog more but never do" sentiments. Even when my level of writing dips below abismal. Thank you for being interested, even when I am not always so interesting.

I don't really have all that much to say now. At least not anything I have time to sit and think about how I want to write about and then write about. My sister just got home. Time to go inside.

I'll make an effort to be back soon. I will. If I don't feel free to bombard my twitter to remind me.

Until then.

<3

*BRYO = Brisbane Regional Youth Orchestra. I'm travelling to ShangHai as a member of BRYO in June/July for an International Youth Music Festival in celebration of ShangHai's World Expo this year. You'll probably be hearing a fair bit more about this yet.

1 comment:

  1. *reasons I should keep up with blogs more often* If I had read this first, it would have answered the question about China.

    At least you have viable excuses for not blogging so often. I'm just lazy :-p

    ReplyDelete