Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I really do love you...

It just occurred to me that I might be turning into one of those people who customizes their blog more often than they update it. This simply will not do. SO here you go; a decent-sized chunk of genuine content JUST for you <3

There are a few things I've been wanting to share with you guys, starting with just how much I love you all. I decided to get the sappy one out of the way first XD. It's true, though. You guys keep me coming back here to share stuff with you and include you in my life. Granted, not as often as you or I might wish, but still. I wouldn't be here typing this post to you all right now if this wasn't how I felt.
I cop a lot of flack for being the kind of person who'd rather spend time online relating to people on the other side of the world than spend it relating to people right here face to face. I defend myself for this though. While my social awkwardness has something to do with my preference to spend time alone on the net, largely, that's not what keeps me online for so long. Parties rarely keep me up past midnight - I bail early because they don't excite me. Online, however, over this past year (I think it's been about a year now) since I have started getting into Youtube and became a Nerdfighter (YAY my first nerdfighter anniversary :D) I've developed friendships with people who live in places I'd never even heard of, I collaborate with some of them now on our own youtube channel, I've read many books highly recommended by other nerdfighters and really enjoyed them, and I feel closer to some of these people than I do to some friends irl. I honestly can't think of a single bad thing that has happened to me caused by the internet over the past year*, whereas real life has dealt me a great many blows. I won't share details here, but pretty much every single one of them were caused by, or could have been prevented by my mother. Translation: I need to move out. /whining.
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to you guys, since while life has been a roller coaster, this is one part of my life which hasn't changed, and it's been like a lifeline at times for me. Thankfully, this roller coaster we call life is currently on the up-and-up, which means I may be loosening my grip a little on the lifeline, now that things aren't so dire.
It feels so funny to write this though... I almost feel bad for relying on the internet so much to get me through. Not because you guys haven't been completely dependable for a quick pick-me-up when life switches the suck switch on. More that, it illustrates to me just how much I haven't been relying on God for these things. I mean, I guess I blame my mum for bad stuff that happens as a result of her actions, but if I had depended more on God through those times, maybe my actions wouldn't have fanned the flame to quite the extent that they did. There's no point in fretting over past mistakes though. The only thing I can do now is learn from these mistakes and grow. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to desert y'all. You'll just be getting less of the i'm-so-down-and-need-to-cheer-up-so-cheer-me-up-internet me and more of the HEY-EVERYONE-HOWS-IT-GOING-I'M-SO-HAPPY-AND-FULL-OF-LIFE me. Which is a good thing. :D

Moving on.

Currently, I am working on my portfolio to get into the Diploma of Graphic Design course I've been wanting to get into for next year. It's due next Friday, so I'm flat out getting everything done, but I reckon I can pull it all together. It's all pretty much planned out now, and all I have to do is now do it, pretty much. Just so you guys know what I'm up to and where I'm at.
There is something else I wanted to mention while I am here. If you've been following this blog for a while, you'll be aware that a few months ago (oh gosh it's been that long already?!) I mentioned that I was working on a SEKRIT PROJECT. Well, the time is coming closer for me to announce it to you all :D so keep watching this space for more details.

To take us out, I've decided to kill the possibility of an awkward, drawn-out sign off by posting some little post-by-post... thingies... I actually have no idea what they're called, but they look like this:

Posts left until 100: 1 (nearly there!)
Bible verse of the moment: Isaiah 54:4 - inspirational
Days until portfolio is due: 10 (eeek!)

*well, other than videos not uploading or getting yelled at for using up our monthly download quota by halfway through the month - it turns out that while that might have been partly my fault, it happened the next month after like, 3 days. It's impossible to watch that much YT in that short amount of time, and no one else was downloading anything big... so we concluded that someone close by was leeching our wireless. We fixed the problem, though, and had no more trouble since. Did you enjoy that pointless tangent-like anecdote? Did you? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment