Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

I guess I owe you guys some 'me' time

One of the joys of having an iPhone is that I can freely blog from my bed at any obscene hour, even while I should be sleeping. So, since I haven't posted properly in forever, here I am.
A lot of you will be aware that I have been sick of late. It has been rather unfun, and plenty frustrating. One thing I now know about myself is that I am terrible at being sick. I hate calling in sick, I hate lying in bed all day, although I don't mind letting people make me tea and breakfast in bed - that, I could get used to :). I hate taking medicine, being told to take it easy, and to get well soon. I hate it even more when all these things don't work, and I end up taking weeks to get better. I'm mostly better now. It turns out sleeping all day is one of he best things you can do while sick. I know, I already said I hate lying in bed all day, but I don't mind sleeping all day. 2 different things. Lying in bed consists of attempting to sleep for hours and failing miserably, resulting in a failure to escape consiousness and in turn, escape the reality of being sick. Sleeping all day, on the other hand, is bliss, because it serves not only as the best cure, but the best escape :)
Moving on... I'm going to take a minute or two to talk about all he awesome tv watching I've been doing whilst incapacitated. Tuesday night was the long-awaited return of NCIS. If you know me well, you'll know this is my current favourite show. Season 7 episode 1 blew my mind. All I'm gonna say. I love that show, and that episode was just... Wow... What can I say? Wednesday night was the premiere of a new spinoff series, NCIS LA. I like the characters, but it has a way to go before it can sit up there next to NCIS on my list of favourite shows. I haven't written it off, it's just too early for me to love these characters and in turn enthuse these plotlines (w00t 2am grammar) as much as I do the original series. I will say this for it though: the characters are built strong and even the toughtest among them seem lovable enough. The one thing that did confuse me was the lack of presence from Macy, who was team leader when the characters made an appearance in the original series before the spinoff. I know there has been a big gap in between, a location change of HQ and such, but I just can't see why she wasn't there.
ANYway, Tonight was Thursday, which meant Glee. We in Australia just got episode 3, so that puts us approximately...is it 2 weeks behind you guys in the states? It was the josh groban episode... Anyway, awesome as always. That was the only show I intended to watch tonight, but the tv stayed on for some reason, and we ended up watching burn notice as well. It has been forever since I watched that show, but it never fails to disappoint. (1 p? 2? ah who knows? For that matter, who cares?)

Ok I might stop there. A huge long post on little other than my tv habits... I need a life. Or do I? With so much awesome tv to watch, who needs a life?
Ignore that. It's the cough medicine speaking, I swear. I'll hopefully be back to normal soon.

Posts left until I reach 100: 3

<3

-- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. If I had an iPhone I might actually blog more, but most of my online time is catching up on twitter/blogs/youtube or watching shows from the previous day(s) online.

    Seeing that you're 2 weeks behind, I'll try not to spoil Glee, but some of my quotes of it will eventually make sense :-p. I need to find a place online to watch NCIS cuz I don't think CBS (the channel here that carries it) puts it online.

    Horray for sleeping away the sickness! Also, I notice you put Mildred on your page. Nice touch! *plays with Mildred*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment was to a post you deleted or something cuz it's not showing up from the main page. It showed up in google reader so I was still able to see it. :-p And I wanted you to at least see the comment since firefox wasn't loading the dropdown menu to select who I was to "comment as"

    Totally understandable that you need an emo/whining blog out of the way to get to "funner" ones.

    I kinda get where you're coming from, I think, with the whole job/money thing. I wish I was getting more money from my job so that I could save up to go back to school, instead of just making enough to pay rent and utilities and *maybe* some extra "me" stuff. I feel like doors are being shut for a reason, but not sure yet what that reason is.

    Also, just blame this all on the sickness & it'll all be ok ;-)

    ReplyDelete