Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Melbourne trip update

So it's 6:30pm and we've been driving nearly 12 hours (with breaks, of course) eta for Melbourne is 7:15, fingers crossed. The highlight so far has been seeing the Dish (the one from the classic Aussie movie about the contribution we made to the 69 moonlanding - aptly named 'The Dish') at Parkes. Another minor highlight was when I got to drive across both the QLD/NSW and NSW/VIC state borders. Yay for insignificant experiences. The rest of the time, I spent reading the second half of Twilight and spotting cows, sheep, emus, kangaroos and even roadkill. Yes. That is how boring it is. Sadly, we've seen more dead roos than live ones, but apparantly, at least according to farmers they've become somewhat of a pest. So much for preserving our national faunal emblem.... I'm probably going to read back through this when I get home and completely rewrite it. I'm just entertaining myself now. There's really nothing else to do. I might sleep, actually.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment