Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HI EVERYBODY :D

I don't even need to start by saying it's been a while. You all know that. Right. Point acknowledged. Moving right along.

So, you're probably wondering, "what's been going on in Lucy's life all this time?", I mean, because that *is* why you read my blog, amirite?

And I intend to fill you in. In point form, because there's too damn much to type otherwise. 

So, in the past few months, I:
  • Went to China. Best 11 days or so of the year. The Great Wall was amazing, the Terracotta Soldiers were amazing, World Expo was amazing. There's not much that can top performing on the world stage. 
  • Did not continue studying. The funny thing about travelling is it tends to cost a lot of money. So by the time enrolment came around, I'd run out. :-/ Don't take this the wrong way though. I don't regret my decision in the slightest. I mean, I'd love to go back and study and get my diploma, but I'm also happy to do other things in the meantime while I scrounge and save. 
  • Moved out of home. Best and worst thing ever. Best because my mother is no longer breathing down my neck every second I'm in the house. Worse because financially, I've been far better. My current work situation isn't helping. But I won't bore you with the deets. I am looking for a new job though.
  • Finished my 100 hours of driving practice (finally). Also, in the same category, I failed my driving test. I won't go into it, but it made me angry for a while, but I am getting over it. I have my next test in a couple of days, so here's hoping all the extra money i'm outlaying won't be wasted this time. 
  • Performed one of the best concerts ever: comprised entirely of music from Video Games. All of the music was new, so to get a good ten or eleven songs learnt in three months is a stellar effort. It *could* have been more polished*, but hey, considering the circumstances, we did a bloody good job. If you want, you can see video footage from the day here. There were loads of important people in attendance. People from our state professional orchestra, people from the gaming industry. And loads of gamers, of course. It was a big deal, because we're the first youth orchestra in our state to perform this kind of repertoire. Such a thrill to be a part of. Also, since I helped out with the visuals, I was given a Mario figurine. I'll post a pic later**
I think that's pretty much it. Doesn't sound like a lot, but time still seems to slip by. 
Anyway, glad we had this chat. Now I can stop feeling guilty every time I look at the Blogger bookmark at the top of my screen (I use chrome). I might actually come back and do this more often. Would you like that?

I thought so. 

Seeya soon :)

*I'm allowed to be critical, since I was there every step of the way.
**I'll probably just insert it into this post. Check back later?

1 comment:

  1. 1st of all, I like the new design!

    Playing in China AND doing a whole show of video game music sounds awesome. Never got those kinds of opportunities while I was in band.

    Good luck on the next try for your drivers test!

    So are you living by yourself or do you have a roomie?

    ReplyDelete