Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Making Progress and Mildred's Channel

So, that brilliant idea I had before seems to be working.

If you're wondering what this master plan is, I shall explain, as I don't think I did a very good job of it in my last post.

For my photoshop class, I have an assignment to do utilising the "animation" function. The brief said it had to be based on a self portrait we did earlier in the semester. Since, even though I liked my work before, I only just passed, I didn't want to make the same mistakes over again. This left me with nothing to use. Literally nothing. Boring. And no matter what I did I could not think of any ideas that I really liked and knew I could execute well and be left with something I am proud of.
Eventually, I decided to scrap the idea altogether and go with something different. No more emo crapness. No more "expressssssss yourselfffff" bullcrap. No. Instead, I, wait for it...

I decided to animate Mildred the Spider.

Oh yeah. You read correctly. Mildred is GETTING HER OWN SHOW!

I got her a youtube channel to commemorate the occasion, so, if you want to subscribe to mildred's channel, I'm pretty sure she'll love you forever! Her channel is: www.youtube.com/user/mildredthespider

Omg, I need to get her a twitter too!
*EDIT: Mildred's twitter ID is @mildredspider. Follow her! Send her ideas and challenges!

This kind of thing takes forever, as I am learning. But, it's fun and rewarding :)

If you are a fan of Mildred, and want to see her do anything in particular (or any of her friends, for that matter) let her know, or leave it in the comments of this post.

I am stupidly excited about all of this... :D

Anyway... Progress is going well... I have between 10 and 15 seconds done, which meets minimum requirement. BUT I'm not stopping. I'm going to keep working on this until I am DONE.

1 comment:

  1. I think an animated record of her exciting travels is in order. Yay for animated Mildred!

    ReplyDelete