Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The day my willpower died

So it seems that the more urgently something needs to get done, the less i want to do it, and the less power I have to make myself do it. I probably won't sleep tonight, as I have a huge photoshop assignment to do, which is actually a short animation. I'll probably post to youtube if I can figure out how to upload this particular filetype... but yeah.
It's supposed to be 15-30 seconds long, and I have had over 3 weeks to get this done, but so far I am up to a grand total of 2.9 seconds. I am not even one fifth of the way to fulfilling the minimum requirement.

AND YET here I am blogging. WHY am I doing this?

I may have an answer to that. (I am clearly going insane. Now I answer my own questions)

I am doing this because I need an outlet. There is no one here to talk to, and I skipped class today to work on this (well, it IS kind of urgent...) and I just need to say this to someone instead of thinking it over and over to myself. I gotta get it out of my system, so that I can continue to function long enough to get this assignment done.

So far I hate what I've done. It isn't any good, honestly. It's crap. I guess that's part of why it's so freaking hard to get through. I hate the topic, I hate the requirements, I hate my attempt. I want this over with, but I can't bring myself to do it. I didn't sign up to learn animation after all. Although, I might have been more excited about it if it were less "express yourself" and more "animate this:...". These assignment briefs just have no imagination.


I think that's the problem.

I might just start over. New angle. New attempt. Not like I'll be losing much.

Right.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment