Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Movies to watch this year.

I just need to make one of these lists. So many awesome movies I haven't seen and really need to see. Will probably save them for the winter months because everybody knows winter is the best time for watching movies. It's too damn hot in summer to sit down on a couch for a couple of hours in front of a screen. No. Summer is night-time-stroll season. Winter is curl-up-under-the-blankets-and-watch-movies-with-a-cup-of-cocoa season. But, I digress. TO THE LIST

1 Inception. I know, I know. What kind of Hans Zimmer* fan am I if I haven't even seen this one?
2 Avatar. The one with the blue people. Not the last airbender one. I hear the latter is really crap.
3 Tangled. I've seen the first hour, but I was watching online, and it cut me off. I hear the lantern sequence is the best scene in the film.
4 Sherlock Holmes (the one starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law)
5 The King's Speech
6 Black Swan
7 Slumdog Millionaire

Can you tell I don't get out to the movies much?

That's all I can think of right now. Got any suggestions for me? Or movies that everyone else but you has seen, that you really need to see? Or even, anything you've seen that has an incredible soundtrack? Soundtrack is a big thing for me, and can sometimes be the make-or-break factor of my liking the movie.
This list is bound to grow. I just need to keep track of these amazing

Also, I feel like this blog is turning into a place for me to dump all my lists. I hope that's ok, and if it isn't I don't care.

I might add in an update every now and then, but it's kind of handy having somewhere to keep my lists.


*Still a pretty huge one, considering the ever-rising play count of the Pirates: At World's End soundtrack.
Current plays: between 50 and 66
(this isn't completely accurate as it's been a few weeks since I plugged in my iphone for an update. I assure you there are plenty of plays on there too)
Most played track: Up Is Down
(fairly sure this is accurate though. Favourite track/theme of the score)

1 comment:

  1. Out of those movies I still haven't seen The King's Speech or Black Swan. Not really wanting to see Black Swan, but we'll see. I would definitely recommend all the others though (yes, the lantern scene is awesome in Tangled, but the movie overall is great).

    One that's not on there that I'd recommend is The Fighter. I hadn't heard much about it before seeing it, but it's a good story.

    ReplyDelete